• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dicrosuss Wortzeli & Fiorini

Bill D.

5 Year Member
Looking for Dicrossus Wortzeli and Fiorini
If anyone has any or knows who might?
Thank You

Ben Rhau

Apisto Club
I’ve seen D. warzeli for sale both at Wet Spot and by Alex Ayala earlier this year, but not currently. Never seen D. foirni for sale.

Bill D.

5 Year Member
I’ve seen D. warzeli for sale both at Wet Spot and by Alex Ayala earlier this year, but not currently. Never seen D. foirni for sale.
Yes I thought I could get some Worzali at Wet Spot but when I went in to order them they were already gone. And they were very expensive. I asked if they could get some more and they said probably not this year. Ughhhh. I reached out to Alex months ago and he was out and said he would not be getting any again.

Aquaticloch

I saw foirni in Canada this year, from a reputable seller. They were advertised to breeders but I’m not sure who has them now. Seriously considered buying a group.

Bill D.

5 Year Member
I saw foirni in Canada this year, from a reputable seller. They were advertised to breeders but I’m not sure who has them now. Seriously considered buying a group.
If you ever get a line on them let me know. Seems no one has or can obtain except for Europe.

MacZ

the males are not showing good color at all. Maybe not enough females?
Rather too many? How many do you have per tank? Usually the dominant males get decent colour, the rest is dulled if the group is too big.

Bill D.

5 Year Member
Rather too many? How many do you have per tank? Usually the dominant males get decent colour, the rest is dulled if the group is too big.
6 in a 40 gallon breeder. 5 males 1 female.
I grew them up figuring if i buy (6) I would get a few females.

MacZ

Did the same with D. filamentosus, ended up with 5 males out of 5, they killed the smallest, had to give away all but one.

Ben Rhau

Apisto Club
Yes I thought I could get some Worzali at Wet Spot but when I went in to order them they were already gone. And they were very expensive. I asked if they could get some more and they said probably not this year. Ughhhh. I reached out to Alex months ago and he was out and said he would not be getting any again.
I usually check Wet Spot at 6pm every Friday when they announce new stock. If you subscribe to the newsletter AND sign up for email alerts on the fish you're interested in, you'll get notified before the general announcement goes out. If something rare comes in, you have to jump on it right away.

And now because they are full grown I can't locate any females.
Yeah, that's generally an issue with fish that are unsexable as juvies. I have the same problem with Dario spp. You have to get lucky, otherwise you just end up with a bunch of males...

Bill D.

5 Year Member
I usually check Wet Spot at 6pm every Friday when they announce new stock. If you subscribe to the newsletter AND sign up for email alerts on the fish you're interested in, you'll get notified before the general announcement goes out. If something rare comes in, you have to jump on it right away.

Yeah, that's generally an issue with fish that are unsexable as juvies. I have the same problem with Dario spp. You have to get lucky, otherwise you just end up with a bunch of males...
Yes for sure. I am starting to see one of the males firing up a bit and wondering if maybe the female is starting to show signs of spawning. Wondering if I should pull the extra males out into another tank?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AND

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….