• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

dicrossus sp rio negro

Tom C

5 Year Member
Very well done, Kévin!
May I ask what kind of water you keep them in (pH, hardness/conductivity, black-or clear water)?

Heiko: Any information from the habitat (water values) would be highly appreciated!

bourdinite

5 Year Member
here is the summary of everything.

on Monday, July 26th at 22 h 20 the laying began to finish her at 23 h 00.

DSC01844.jpg

DSC01845.jpg

DSC01848.jpg

DSC01859.jpg

once this one barely finished the male was directly dispelled and will be never tolerated untill today. to see in future.

parametres during the laying are of pH 5.2 for 75µs of conductivity in a temperature of 26°c.

J+1 the laying goes very well and kept well by the female. very few eggs white which barely going mouldy are withdrawn by the mother.

DSC01864.jpg

J+2 2 or 3 white eggs withdrawn still very fast and everything goes well.

DSC01871.jpg

J+4 to us here is arrived on July 29th day from hatching. hatching which took place exactly 60 hours afterwards punter.
at this moment there, parametres are a pH of 5.5 for a conductivity of 80µs in a temperature of 26.5°c.

the day the larvas are over the pot in baked clay and at night indoors.

DSC01880.jpg

here is the dress of the female at this moment there.

DSC01889.jpg

a dress that it has since the beginning the only instant or it had changed it has this date it was to intimidate the male or other inhabitants of the receptacle.

of new the larvas but at the end of party.

DSC01931.jpg

DSC01934.jpg

J+5 now they see when they are in front of our eyes that they are formed well and that this begins has resemble one young fishes.

DSC01959.jpg

J+6

DSC01984.jpg

J+8 on August 03rd while the pH is always 5.5 conductivity of 85µs and temperature of 27.5°c

the larvas become young fishes move under the mother and whom she treats for eyes.

first a small plate just before the big adventure of free swimming ;)

DSC02106.jpg

and supporting the beginning of the discovery of their middle.

DSC02118.jpg

DSC02135.jpg

J+9
after their yesterday meals in spite of a vitelin well loaded bag I inject infusoires nevertheless, anguillules vinegars and nauplies artémia but without conviction for these last while some young fishes succeeded nevertheless in gulping them down.
the female, she decided to change dress to show the line in place of points and always pelvic orange with lively red.

DSC02140.jpg

DSC02152.jpg

DSC02153.jpg

and today

male :

DSC08898.jpg

female with fry

DSC08908.jpg

DSC08902.jpg

DSC08910.jpg

Tom C

5 Year Member
here is the summary of everything......

Thank you very much!
Great pictures and a very informative and complete overview.
I thought this species would need even lower pH than pH 5.2 to breed, but thanks to your information I now know better!

bourdinite

5 Year Member
My pleasure Tom.

everyone who talked to me about this specie have always said that the ph should be very low but some reproduced so I did not listen and took the experience of Gary L. Bartell has reproduced this species.

Tim_Smith

My pleasure Tom.

everyone who talked to me about this specie have always said that the ph should be very low but some reproduced so I did not listen and took the experience of Gary L. Bartell has reproduced this species.
Hi Bourinite, I know this was a long time ago, I was just wondering what size tank you had them in and what sex ratios or numbers you had? I have some D.foirni, but they look slightly different to yours. So perhaps yours were D.warzelii. Anyway I have 2 males and 3 females but I’ve had to remove the second male as the alpha male was being too aggressive towards him. I might try adding some flower pots. I have them in with Altums currently in a very large 120cm tank. Lots of unrest from the alpha male, but not too receptive from the females. Anyway sorry for digging up an old post, there is not too much info still on either of these species.

Tim

Apistoguy52

Hi Bourinite, I know this was a long time ago, I was just wondering what size tank you had them in and what sex ratios or numbers you had? I have some D.foirni, but they look slightly different to yours. So perhaps yours were D.warzelii. Anyway I have 2 males and 3 females but I’ve had to remove the second male as the alpha male was being too aggressive towards him. I might try adding some flower pots. I have them in with Altums currently in a very large 120cm tank. Lots of unrest from the alpha male, but not too receptive from the females. Anyway sorry for digging up an old post, there is not too much info still on either of these species.

Tim
Holy old post!
Fish in the op’s pictures appear to be foirni (two small dots make the “checkers” vs the single dash of the warzeli. 30 long-40 breeder is adequate. Females prefer to spawn late afternoon, once she’s got an ovipositor out, pay attention. Once the male has been “used”, he will NOT be tolerated

Attachments

• B74CCEE3-7D0C-4CA6-B15E-77C15FC224D7.jpeg
    B74CCEE3-7D0C-4CA6-B15E-77C15FC224D7.jpeg
    405.2 KB · Views: 34

Tim_Smith

Holy old post!
Fish in the op’s pictures appear to be foirni (two small dots make the “checkers” vs the single dash of the warzeli. 30 long-40 breeder is adequate. Females prefer to spawn late afternoon, once she’s got an ovipositor out, pay attention. Once the male has been “used”, he will NOT be tolerated
Thanks for the reply, they just seem to have more vertical barring than mine do.

IMG_8119.jpeg

bourdinite

5 Year Member
Ce mâle mesurerait facilement 3 pouces, peut-être plus, mais il verra comment il se comporte. Il pourrait s'agir de marques de reproduction.
mon réservoir avait 120 cm de façade.
une seule paire de Dicrossus fourni à l'intérieur avec des poissons tramés. le sex-ratio des alevins était d'une femelle pour quatre mâles.
Merci d'avoir déterré ce post, cela me rappelle d'excellents souvenirs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sortof_here

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….