• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

daphnia

ste12000

5 Year Member
Hi, i culture Daphnia outside in the UK, we have very cold winters which slows production down completely, however it is now spring, temps are rising and my daphnia is taking off with thousands of new born daphnia swimming amongst adult females..

Temp here is currently around 55-60f, the tubs are outside in partial shade, they hold aprox 200litres per tank and i have two tanks(cultures)which i rotate when feeding, the daphnia clear any algae almost before i notice it so i rely on suplimentory feeding. I feed mine bakers yeast disolved in water and fed little and often, just enough to slightly cloud the water. It usually clears over the next two days and results ina explosion of baby daphnia..

Ideal for free food :)

sasikan

thanks for the info all. i guess i must of overfed whet-ever is left is moving very slowly now. they are at room temperature i gave them green water i don't know how to feed bit i did pour in quite alot so i must have overfed. i will order again!!!

JasonC

5 Year Member
The key for me finally having a culture stay alive for more than a week was heeding the warnings about using anything but *well* aged tank water. I kept thinking that dechlor tap would be good enough, and lost two large starter cultures very quickly. Current batch is almost 3 months old and doing really well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….