• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Coming in from Below Water (Oliver Lucanus)

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I have made a test order from Below Water (Oliver Lucanus) in Canada to get some of the species he has that we have an impossible time getting here in the USA. I will not know the pricing until I see the total overhead, but they will be pricier than fish imported directly into the the USA... but that does not happen. I have tried, and after the last attempt have decided to try this. What does the additional cost of fish from Oliver get us?
  • Quarantined fish that are conditioned and acclimated to harder water
  • Correct ID and accurate collection localities
  • Access to the fish without having to purchase far more than the USA market can absorb
  • Lower losses due to poor shipping and shipping stress
Here is what is coming in. They will be added to my price list sometime over the weekend:

Apistogramma macmasteri - type locality - Mozambique, Columbia
Corydoras araguaiensis - Rio Araguaia, Brazil
Congochromis cf. sabinae - Mbandaka, Congo
Crenicichla regani - Rio Araguaia, Brazil
Distichodus teugelsi - Lefini, Dem. Congo
Distichodus noboli - Lefini, Dem. Congo
Nanochromis cf.parilus - southern black line 'parilus' - Bas, Congo
Nanochromis parilus - the real species! Bas, Congo
Nanochromis splendens - yellow fin nanochromis - Kinganga, Congo
Nanochromis splendens - yellow fin nanochromis - Louzi, Congo
Odontocharacidium aphanes - hummingbird tetra - Nanay, Peru
Steatocranus cf. gibbiceps - southern gibby - Kinganga, Congo
Steatocranus spec. Brown Pearl - Louzi, Congo
Steatocranus spec. - a red eye type - upper Congo
Steatocranus spec. 'Slender' - Kinganga, Congo
Tylochromis lateralis - red shoulder - Malebo Pool, Congo

Ekona

5 Year Member
I have made a test order from Below Water (Oliver Lucanus) in Canada to get some of the species he has that we have an impossible time getting here in the USA.

Great, Ted, hope it works out. If folks want to see what some of these species look like they can view Oliver's Facebook page. He has many species nicely photographed and in healthy condition and full color.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….