• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Color Enhancement in the Ornamental Dwarf Cichlid Microgeophagus ramirezi

Rod

5 Year Member
This may be of interest to some???

Color Enhancement in the Ornamental Dwarf Cichlid Microgeophagus ramirezi by Addition of Plant Carotenoids to the Fish Diet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Harpaz, Sheenan & Daniel Padowicz, 2007: Color Enhancement in the Ornamental Dwarf Cichlid Microgeophagus ramirezi by Addition of Plant Carotenoids to the Fish Diet. The Israeli Journal of Aquaculture – Bamidgeh, v.59(4), pp.195-200..

http://siamb.org.il/uploads/59_4_Harpaz.pdf

I wonder if they would have got a better result if they were kept in softer water and lower ph???

Bilbo

5 Year Member
I wonder if they would have got a better result if they were kept in softer water and lower ph???

Great point Rod
Heaven forbid we keep fish in water they like and give them good quality food so they develop into their stunning natural beauty.

I have to ask on the back of this.
How many people want "Blue" rams to have more red in them?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Great point Rod
Heaven forbid we keep fish in water they like and give them good quality food so they develop into their stunning natural beauty.

:biggrin:

I have to ask on the back of this.
How many people want "Blue" rams to have more red in them?

Personally, I like wild blues. Of course, I'm the poster child for everything that doesn't sell commercially! Any new fish/product that I like doesn't sell well and disappear from the market.:confused: Marketers could save millions of $ by discovering what I like and not bringing it to the market.:rolleyes:

animalmgc

5 Year Member
my votes for natural haven't really grasped onto even liking the elec blues in fact I find them quite ugly so my vote goes for wilds then german blues

Bilbo

5 Year Member
I would guess that the majority of active members on this site would be fans of natural colours and especially blue's. I definately am.

my votes for natural haven't really grasped onto even liking the elec blues in fact I find them quite ugly so my vote goes for wilds then german blues

I am with you on that. I had my first real look at them on Saturday and they are ugly. They look like someone spraypainted them metalic powder blue from each side and missed the stripe down the nose.

(Still going to buy them because the wife likes them :biggrin:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….