• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Choices

Andreas

Hi
I just found a local breeder selling macmasteri and hongsloi form iii what d you guys think I should get keep in mind I want to breed them

Andreas

1C93D724-3EDC-4D83-A060-9D853D7A2C25.jpeg
CA2E81B5-6448-48A8-BE89-49D4BD4B1B81.jpeg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Nice fish. Both are equally easy/difficult to breed and about the same size and temperament. If you have the proper size breeding tank, then the choice is which you like best.

Andreas

Nice fish. Both are equally easy/difficult to breed and about the same size and temperament. If you have the proper size breeding tank, then the choice is which you like best.
What size tank would you recommend for these fish

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
20 Gallon Long or larger. Smaller is possible but less safe for the adults and fry. Also realize that fry will out-grow the breeding tank - or out-grow their welcome. At a minimum one needs at least 2, preferably 3 or more tanks to successfully breed apistos.

yukondog

5 Year Member
That Hongsloi is the ones I breed, the Mac. is nicer than mine so I vote for the Mac., both seem to be easy to breed and pair up easy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….