• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cape Town, South Africa

AQuality

5 Year Member
Hi
So I made in through the front door..hehe
Thanks for quick and easy sign up.

I'm in South Africa,

1984 I got my first Apistogramma, as a primary school kid
Was an A "reitzigi" . I remember that like it was yesterday!
I believe an old synonym A borelli (?)

On and off since then I've always had some apisto tucked away...somewhere !

My hobby and driving force is tropical fish, and a part of my livelihood too.

Due to not finding MANY fish I want in stores, I progressed from keeper to keen hobbyist, breeder, supplier to stores , and now importer to the trade.

ALL of these hats I wear, are just excuses to obtain MORE fish I couldn't easily get before...and compensate for the lack of interest by hobby-trade channels in obtaining *high risk, boring, expensive, slow sellers*...or whatever the excuses are ;)

All this, so I can have a coupla new fish to enjoy With Slightly Less Difficulty.

We do not get the variety, availability and affordability seen online globally.
So we're always about a decade behind :oops:

Always envious, drooling and eager as hobbyists reading what we COULD get , IF we COULD..at other times it just leaves us miserable with lack of fish...affordable or not!

My aim Is to further the pool of available,quality, variety Apistogramma and family..it's been hard going

We always drool over new locations, morphs and even classic stuff is impressive WHEN we get them

So, beginning with my own collection, which varies from time to time, "experiments" , occasional imports and subsequent breeding by myself or one of my close hobby friends I share risk and rewards with ..
All leads to a few fish into the hobby and trade , slowly but certainly
....Definitely too slow for MY liking

I hope to find like-minded folk here, to learn and network for our mutual benefit

PS I'm always gonna ask " can you send some to me,in Cape Town?"
:rolleyes: and maybe YOU CAN ....
Help spread Apistogramma fever to the southernmost tip of Africa

Regards
AQuality

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….