• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can I keep cockatoo cichlid in ph 8.0 and gh 8?

Apistcockatoo

Hi, I really need help and some advice;)
I want to buy cockatoo cichlid, but my tap water has a ph of 8.0 and GH of 8.
Will they live in that conditions, because I don't want them to dye too early.

Has anyone got that kind of experience in high ph and GH with them?
I want to lower ph and GH with RO water.
Also, have concerns about RO water. Is it sustainable because I don't want water fluctuations those are even worse.
My main question is if they can live in high ph and gh.
Please help me

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I want to lower ph and GH with RO water.
RO water will lower dGH and ppm TDS, it probably <"won't lower the pH">, dependent upon how much dKH you have.
I want to buy cockatoo cichlid, but my tap water has a ph of 8.0 and GH of 8.
They should be all right, if <"other conditions"> (food, habitat etc.) are suitable.
because I don't want water fluctuations those are even worse.
As your water gets softer pH <"will become unstable">. This isn't a problem for your fish.

cheers Darrel

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….