• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

brown water

andros

5 Year Member
hi
i have macmasteri in a tank full of plants and driftwood. the water has turned brown is that bad or good i have checked the water quality and it is all good i also just added peat into my water would this be the problem.
the macmasteri has also got a clutch of eggs under her part of driftwood is it reccommended for her to look after it or would it be easier to artificially hatch them if anyone could help with this that would be great
thanks
andrew :p

farm41

5 Year Member
Peat will definately stain the water. Which is great if you like tea stained water, and/or have blackwater fish.

I would leave the eggs for the fish to look after :)

Christine-FishGrrl

5 Year Member
the brown water (the hummic acids from driftwood and peat) is unslightly but it won't hurt the fish at all. It can lower the pH so make sure you have enough buffering capacity if you use R/O water. If you have blackwater Apistos, tetras or whatever, the blackwater can induce them to spawn.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….