• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bolivian in quarantine - just calm or something wrong?

Chris1212

New bolivian ram in quarantine for a week now. I haven't seen him eat at all. Swims in place most of the time, periodically turning or going to the other side of the tank. Quarantine tank mate (a male Platy) is very active and eats.

The first day he was in quarantine he was pretty active, testing the boundaries of the tank but now, nothing....I can't tell if he is just chilling out or something is wrong. Almost a week of not eating as far as I can tell.

Tank is 0-.25 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 5-10 nitrates. 77-78 degrees.

Wondering if he would do better or be more active if I moved him to the main tank.

Thanks
IMG_20201009_154748.jpg

kappaalby

Hey,

I would monitor the situation, lethargy may be symptom of something not going well. I would check PH to be sure is stable, are you doing frequent water changes?

Does it have a swollen belly? not so clear from the picture

If possible try to distribute some bloodworms, never seen a fish not jumping on them

cheers
Alberto

Chris1212

Thanks. It seems like he just wasn't happy in the small qt. He has been great since moving into the bigger tank. Eating a lot and definitely carving out his territory.

PXL_20201023_150857182.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….