• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Blue Ram's got a zit?

big_ed

5 Year Member
Help!
My biggest most beautiful male Ram has grown what looks like a white-head above his right eye and where it meets his head. 8O
Any ideas would greatly be appreciated. He is housed in a 10 gallon well-established planted tank with a female Ram and a few other neons and otos.
I think my water quality is probably the culprit. I usually do weekly 25% water changes but had let it slip and didn't change it for 2 weeks before i noticed this problem.
Can anyone tell me what this might be called and how I can treat the poor guy?
TIA,
Ed

farm41

5 Year Member
I have had that happen on Rams too, it has cleared up on it's own. Just keep up with regular water changes. I do 50% weekly on most tanks, the breeders and fry get 25% 2-3 times a week.

I think you should step up the water changes, do two or three a week and it will probably go away.

HTH

Randall

5 Year Member
Ram Zit

Dear Big Ed,

Rams are quite suseptable to both bacterial and parasitic infection. Do your water changes!

Randall Kohn

big_ed

5 Year Member
thanks

Thank you guys! I will step up the water changes and keep them regular from now on. :D

big_ed

5 Year Member
thanks

Thanks for the welcome, and thank you guys again for the advice! :D Now where is that water container...

big_ed

5 Year Member
that is a good question dave. i too would like to know the answer to that. he is very listless now, floating near the top in one corner, and his scales are coming loose. think maybe i've lost this one :cry:

big_ed

5 Year Member
hi guys
wow tuberculosis? does that happen in situations with poor water conditions?

and Farm...
yes he was bloated, and yes the scales did appear to be standing on end... are you think TB as well?

he is gone now :(, but thank you guys so much for all your input.

ed

farm41

5 Year Member
It was most likely dropsy, sorry for your loss. Usually dropsy is related to unfavorable water conditions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….