• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Biotop Tank Mates for Borellii/Trifaciata

Lagges

Hi,

I am searching for a tetra species for my biotop tank with A. Borellii & A. Trifaciata. Does anyone know which tetra species share the natural habitiat of borellii/trifaciata?

LG Lagges

MacZ

You might find the species lists in the video descriptions of the following videos interesting. Not exactly the A. borellii habitat, but the same river system, so some species will surely be found with A. borellii.

Have fun researching. :)

rasmusW

5 Year Member
Here is a video showing A. Trifasciata and some small tetras in the background…
They could be hyphessobrycon elachys but i’m not completely sure.

-r

Memeboi

This is a testament to our community, we have revived a dead thread that only had 1 post into an active conversation. Well done Apistogramma.com!
Also I do have a thought, if Borelli and Trifaciata are morphologically similar, and live in the same drainage basin (the paraguay), do you think there might be some hybrids out there or are they too distantly related for that.

anewbie

Hum.... when you say we raise the dead; I keep thinking of zombies.... rising from the ground.... though I'm not sure if zombies like water....

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Also I do have a thought, if Borelli and Trifaciata are morphologically similar, and live in the same drainage basin (the paraguay), do you think there might be some hybrids out there or are they too distantly related for that.
They are not morphologically similar and besides belong to different species-groups. I can't imagine them hybridizing.

Memeboi

They are not morphologically similar and besides belong to different species-groups. I can't imagine them hybridizing.
Oh crap I got them confused with macmasteri, how do you even confuse trifaciata and macmasteri. *facepalms*

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….