• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Behaviour

Ryandelmar

What type of behaviour is this and do I gotta be worried they’re with each other quite often in the tank and the female keeps showing her side to him any ideas?

Attachments

• F0D51612-82E6-4404-9931-3DBF60AE4EFA.png
    F0D51612-82E6-4404-9931-3DBF60AE4EFA.png
    8.9 MB · Views: 142

MacZ

You will have to be a bit more detailed in your description, from the picture this could be several different behaviours.

Ryandelmar

You will have to be a bit more detailed in your description, from the picture this could be several different behaviours.
What would you like to know last week he started to chase her but has cut down on that massively I don’t see him going in and out of any caves but they’ve certainly been with each other more in the tank

Ryandelmar

I’m hoping it’s breeding behaviour as I just caught the picture below and she’s in there behind him

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 112

MacZ

What would you like to know last week he started to chase her but has cut down on that massively I don’t see him going in and out of any caves but they’ve certainly been with each other more in the tank
I would like you to give a detailed description. In what situations and how exactly is she showing her sides? Any body movements? Any colour change? Just describe what you see.

Ryandelmar

I would like you to give a detailed description. In what situations and how exactly is she showing her sides? Any body movements? Any colour change? Just describe what you see.
Okay she is looking a bit more yellow than normal and when he swims towards her she arches her body usually towards him but other than that they’re at the other ends of the tank just when they see each other she acts like that

Ryandelmar

Then I’ve just noticed he also starts to flair his fins and give her a little nibble every now and then but nothing too aggressive

Ryandelmar

Lastly I’ve just noticed him flaring his fins and leading her into the cave and she keeps following

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….