• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma steindachneri

I am looking for someone that lives in or around the Chicago area that has or is breeding Apistogrmma sreindacnerii.Ihave a very nice male annd am looking for females .So I can try to start a breeding progarm thanks for your help Glen Sexton Batavia IL

Neil

[email protected],

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

I hope you have luck in finding a mate. These are big, beautiful Apistogramma. For the life of me I don't know why they are not around much anymore. That is all I used to see in LFSs. Haven't seen any lately. I don't look at Aquabid very often, but I would be suprised if there were some on there occasionally, if you can't find someone near Chicago.
Good luck,
Neil

jonah

5 Year Member
Have you tried the Greater Chicago Cichlid Association? They've got a lot of members (200?), I would think that some of them would be into Apistos. Steindachnerii are one of the few species I ever see in OKC, usually mislabeled and mostly males, so I know how frustrating that can be. A friend of mine just sold his reverse trio for $10 at the KC club meeting last month. I would have bought them myself, but I already have 2 males and I didn't want 4 just to get the one female. I'll be looking for a few next month at the Texas Cichlid Association show/auction.

Here's a link to the Chicago club:

www.gcca.net

Neil

jonah,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

You may be able to find some down at the Texas auction. They have a pretty good auction and quite a few Dwarf Cichlid enthusiasts there. Good luck!
Neil

Apistogrmma stenidacneri THANKS FORTH

THANKS FOR THE RESPONDS I AM STILL LOOKING . I AM A MEMBER OF THE GCCA AND HAVE SMOE PEOPLE IN THE CLUB LOOKING . BUT MOOST OF THE PEOPLE IN THE CULB KEEP AFRICANS .THERE ARE ONLY AFEW THAT KEEP APISTOS . I WILL TRY THE PLACES THAT YOU HAVE TOLD ME ABOUT .THANKS GLEN

THANKS FOR THE RESPONDS I AM STILL LOOKING . I AM A MEMBER OF THE GCCA AND HAVE SMOE PEOPLE IN THE CLUB LOOKING . BUT MOOST OF THE PEOPLE IN THE CULB KEEP AFRICANS .THERE ARE ONLY AFEW THAT KEEP APISTOS . I WILL TRY THE PLACES THAT YOU HAVE TOLD ME ABOUT .THANKS GLEN

jonah

5 Year Member
I know it doesn't do you any good in Chicago, but I just picked up 5 of them yesterday. That guy that sold his breeders had 5 fry left that he sold me along with some angels. I'm pretty happy about it.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….