• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma personata (wild caught)

blueblue

5 Year Member
Finally, I manage to get it after waiting for 10 years! Yeah !! ^_^

per1aa.jpg
per2aa.jpg
per2aa.jpg
per2aa.jpg
per3aa.jpg
per3aa.jpg
per4aa.jpg
per8aa.jpg
per7aa.jpg
per6aa.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Yes, I've had several emails lately from Asian hobbyists on whether or not this really is A. personata. It appears to be the real personata (or something very close). I'm told they were collected near Mitú, Colombia on the Río Vaupés. OK then, when do we get A. sp. Mitú??:)

Tom C

5 Year Member
Awesome! I've had some questions about and pictures of the same species, which was found in a fish shop in Singapore.
Thanks for sharing!
With a caudal spot with a shape like this, I think I would call it A. cf. personata (A 172).

blueblue

5 Year Member
Yes, I've had several emails lately from Asian hobbyists on whether or not this really is A. personata. It appears to be the real personata (or something very close). I'm told they were collected near Mitú, Colombia on the Río Vaupés. OK then, when do we get A. sp. Mitú??:)

Thanks much Mike for your kind comments. As a remark, there is also a specimen (same shipment) which is basically the same as mine while the face is fully orange... This feature, together with others, reminds me of its close relationship with A. gibbicep and A. piaroa ...

blueblue

5 Year Member
Awesome! I've had some questions about and pictures of the same species, which was found in a fish shop in Singapore.
Thanks for sharing!
With a caudal spot with a shape like this, I think I would call it A. cf. personata (A 172).
Thanks much Tom. So, this species has landed Singapore, Japan, and Hong Kong. Great! :)

Milk

5 Year Member
Thank you to mike and tom for taking their time for the verification.
I am equally delighted that it turns out to be the real stuff!
My personal order for them are in and they are making their way to my tanks as well... :)

I will like to clarify that this really special apistogramma are not found in a local fish shop in singapore, the hobbyists here are not fortunate and "mature" enough yet for any local fish shop to starts importing from brazil or peru.
They are of the same batch as Blueblue and the shop that took the huge risk to bring them in is located in Hong kong.

blueblue

5 Year Member
i see....
Thank you to mike and tom for taking their time for the verification.
I am equally delighted that it turns out to be the real stuff!
My personal order for them are in and they are making their way to my tanks as well... :)

I will like to clarify that this really special apistogramma are not found in a local fish shop in singapore, the hobbyists here are not fortunate and "mature" enough yet for any local fish shop to starts importing from brazil or peru.
They are of the same batch as Blueblue and the shop that took the huge risk to bring them in is located in Hong kong.

Hi friend, then i know who got it ^_^

Milk

5 Year Member
Blue sir, that the same "crazy" hobbyist that you know who is from Singapore! :)
Thank you blue sir! Giving me a chance to own the other pieces with orange face and higher finnage! :) :)

Best regard
Dimas cheng

blueblue

5 Year Member
Blue sir, that the same "crazy" hobbyist that you know who is from Singapore! :)
Thank you blue sir! Giving me a chance to own the other pieces with orange face and higher finnage! :) :)

Best regard
Dimas cheng

haha... good to hear from you man, please post yours here, too. You know what, i almost also picked up yours but i really run out of tanks :)

Bangala

Hello

I bought these both apistogramma and I shall wish to have your opinion on the species.

The seller speaks about peronata Vaupés
personata femelle.jpg
personata femelle 1.jpg
personata mâle 1.jpg
personata mâle.jpg

Sorry for my English and the poor quality of the images

Hervé

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Yes, it looks like the A. cf. personata form from around Mitú, Colombia. It's not the holotype form of A. personata from the lower/mid-Rio Uaupés of Brazil, which is a deeper bodied (higher backed) species.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….