• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma panduro pairing help

NewFishGuy290

Hi,
I bought a pair of Apistogramma Panduro from my LFS, seen them everytime I went in for about a month. So bought them, it was the only 2 he had. Currently I have them in a fully cycled 12 gallon tank with plants and 4 caves, while my 30 gallon cycles, should be in a week.
The female is around 2.5cm & the male is 3 to 3.5cm.
Now my question is how do I know if these will pair and mate? I know they lived in the LFS for over a month together. But I'm told that doesn't always mean they will pair.
Any help would be appreciated.

Apistoguy52

Nice fish! Best play is to cross your fingers and hope they like each other (make sure she has somewhere safe to hide). While having a male and a female Apistogramma is often enough, the nijsseni group fish can be problematic as purchased “pairs” because they can be picky about partners.

anewbie

It can also take a while; they might bicker a lot before deciding that they are compatible after all; or of course that might never happen. A while can be quite a while; also at 2.5cm and 3.5cm i'm not sure either is mature so they won't 'pair' up before the male reaches maturity.

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Can we have a picture of the tanks? A picture really is worth a thousand words.
I have them in a fully cycled 12 gallon tank with plants and 4 caves, while my 30 gallon cycles, should be in a week.
I'm just a bit concerned that the tank might not be mature enough for Apistogramma. When you say "cycles" what do you mean?

Cheers Darrel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….