• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma megastoma, a new maternal larvophilic mouth-brooding apisto

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Yes, you're right Jos. Finally we can rid ourselves of the pseudo-scientific name, "Kelleri". Now if only someone would scientifically describe A. sp. Abacaxis. Then we could rid ourselves of the other pseudo-scientific name, "Wilhelmi".

Anyone who has read the description might have noticed this statement under 'Systematic Relationships': "... these two species, along with a further, as yet undescribed, form, constitute the Apistogramma barlowi subcomplex ...". I think TomC & I saw specimens of this form when in Peru in 2015. We were told it is found near the mouth of the Río Napo, well west of the distribution of A. barlowi.

upload_2017-5-17_8-54-3.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….