• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma identification

Hako

5 Year Member
Hi there,

Absolutely awesome forum. I had the attached apisto for a while now and have no idea what it is. Would be awesome to get some help on this.

Thanks bunch!
H
apisto1.jpg
apisto2.jpg

Hako

5 Year Member
One more little info, the fish is around 2-2.5 inches. Didn't grow that much, I had it for about 8-10 months at least.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! A little tough to tell for sure from the 2 pictures but I believe your fish is Apisto. pertensis (and not A. cf. pertensis) based on the caudal spot shape.

Hako

5 Year Member
Thanks! Appreciate it. Your stock seems awesome. Will get in touch for some apistos soon.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Actually, it isn't pertensis. It shows a lateral band that extends into the caudal fin without a separate caudal spot. All pertensis-group species show a separate caudal spot. Your fish is a member of the closely related iniridae-group. It is a female and, based on the shape and pattern of the caudal fin, probably is A. iniridae.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….