• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

apistogramma and nannacara

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
I don't know...it would have to be very heavily decorated on the bottom half of the tank; tons of leaf litter, plants, driftwood, caves, etc. I think sometimes my female N. anomala's are more vicious than female apistos. It's worth a shot; but like Mike suggests sometimes, provide some floating hiding places, and if you see a fish utilizing them, remove the fish.

raymond82

I had a pair of anomala's together with a pair of macmasteri's in a 120 liter (32 US gallon) and didn't experience too many problems. For sure the female anomala was the most dangerous of the four, especially when she was guarding fry... Now the female anomala died and the male is the most friendly fish in the aquarium.

sasikan

thanks for the info i am trying to stir things up, my apistogramma barlowi females have been in breeding colors for about 2 months now with no eggs or fry's to show for , i am hoping or thinking that maby another pair of fish in the same aquarium producing baby's might give my apistogramms barlowi the ideal (maby with sent or hormones flowing true the tank ) does this make any seance?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I don't know how you keep your A. barlowi, but quality food (mostly live), regular water changes with water that is <pH 6 and 75 ppm water will probably produce better results.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….