• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma Agassizii from Rio Careiro F1

watsawat

5 Year Member
image.jpg

watsawat

5 Year Member
I
image.jpg
there anyone here keep this variety? Pls share your photo. In my view i think it's would be alenqer group.

Champ_17

5 Year Member
Thank you for your infomation Mike Wise. I don't really know the locality caught of their parent but the supplier told they are from Rio Careiro.
Could you have some photo of wild Agassizii Careiro and wild A. cf. agassizii BBCS (Broad Black Caudal Seam) for comparison.
I need to see because at my place there is difficult identify the variety and locality place of fish, mostly depend on supplier.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
See: http://www.rva.jp/zukan/apisto/ap_agassizii4201.htm. A. cf. agassizii BBCS is one of the members of the A. agassizii superspecies. It occurs south of the main channel of the Amazon from just upriver from the mouth of the Rio Madeira to its mouth on the Atlantic Ocean. Careiro is only a collecting locality. Many populations of A. cf. aggassizii BBCS appear similar, so it is difficult to determine where the fish originated. Therefore we have to depend on the honesty of the importer and retailer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….