• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma Agassizii "Double Red"

daphilster08

5 Year Member
Hey guys,

I am back at it. Haven't been active on this forum in forever. I am starting up a new fish room in my house since I just got a new place and my primary focus will be wild caught apistos. However, I stumbled across these wonderful fish today and thought I would throw them in my living room tank.

Enjoy

- Phil

DanielG

Ah! Awesome coloration! I'd love to see a shot of the tank you got him in!

How do you plan on getting ahold of wild caught apisto's? I have such a hard time finding them outside of fish shops.

Sub'd!

daphilster08

5 Year Member
Ah! Awesome coloration! I'd love to see a shot of the tank you got him in!

How do you plan on getting ahold of wild caught apisto's? I have such a hard time finding them outside of fish shops.

Sub'd!

Thanks bud! I will upload some pics below. And it is definitely very hard to get wild caught apistos but I am talking with a few people across the USA and should be getting my hands on some very soon.

daphilster08

5 Year Member
Here is the tank they are in. As you can see it is a fresh set up with some water and stuff from my other tanks.

Male Again

In a little bit different lighting, I just liked his pose in this picture.

Female 1 which he seems to be choosing to like more.

Female 2 which I like better Lol

- Phil

DanielG

That's a very nice setup! You've got some nice fish there. I'm thinking about just setting up a tank such as yours so my apisto's feel a little more comfortable.

Do you have to replace those oak leaves every now and then?

daphilster08

5 Year Member
I highly recommend doing a set up such as this. I bred apistos and other dwarf cichlids in college with this style. This is my first set up like it since and the fish are loving it. Yes the oak leaves will break down after a year or so but some people suck those out with a bigger siphon and other leave those in and add new leaves because the broken down leaves does look cool at times.

daphilster08

5 Year Member
Well just woke up and found that my pair has spawned. Only about 20-30 eggs so we will see if they are even good and I am not completely set up to raise the fry yet. Have only had these guys for 9 days LOL
Here is a more recent pic of the male although it does do justice for his reds. The red in his tail is much deep red in person.

daphilster08

5 Year Member
No I didn't. Picked them out separately Lol think they ate their first 20 eggs. But she looks like she is trying to get him to mate with her again so should have eggs again soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….