• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto medicine kit?

cootwarm

5 Year Member
Need some advice. Lately I've begun setting up my aquariums that have been stored now for almost 10 years. I'm preparing a few tanks for Apistos.

My questions are these:
What should I purchase for medications to have on hand for some of the more common Apisto ailments?
Are there any medications that Apistos are sensitive that I should avoid?

All I have is a bottle of Aqua-Sol that is a couple years old and a bottle of MarOxy that was purchased in 1991! I'd like to be prepared, but perhaps the medications are ailment specific? and I'll just have to cross that bridge when (and if) I get to it?

Thanks,
Michael

J

JCdisciple

I can't help you with sensetivety to meds issues, but I will say to go ahead and ditch (throw away) all the old medicines that you have held onto. They will be unreliable and generally not a good thing to use on sick fish!

Neil

cootwarm,

I have moved this post to the appropriate forum.
I am a big believer in not medicating unless absolutely necessary, so I would say that you don't need too many meds around, but that is a subjective evaluation. Howeve, I would not use any meds that are as old as the ones you mentioned. There is usually an expiration date on them.
Good food, appropriate housing conditions and very clean water are the best prophylactic medictions.
Neil

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….