• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto id needed

Gillie

5 Year Member

mixmixi

That caudal spot makes me think it belongs to regani group. I could be well wrong but it might be A. regani

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member
It's definitely a regani complex species. The pictures are not very good, but I tend towards A. paulmuelleri (maybe the less colorful form, formerly also known as "Peru regani").

Gillie

5 Year Member
Thanks for the replies, I'm going to pick up a pair today as I'm sure that no matter what they are, I haven't kept them before. Better pictures to come.

Gillie

5 Year Member
Well, they only had males left but I found a tank full of Allpahuayo marked and priced as cacatuoides. All in all even though I didn't get my pair of mystery fish, I was still able to walk away with a pair that I've been looking for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….