• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto Hongsloi turning dark.gray

DWinchester

Suggestions/advice? My female apisto Hongsloi red has turned dark gray over the past few days. I orig thought she and her male were displaying spawning behavior, but she never turned yellow. The male completely ignores her now. This morning, she just sits at the bottom of the tank whereas she had been planting herself on a bed of moss on a branch. She wouldn't even eat blood worms this morning and appears to be losing weight. I've only had the apisto's for about a month. All other fish... discus, German rams, rummy nose tetra are doing well and have been there quite a while. Only the apisto's are new. No snails or new plants. Water parameters are within desired range and stable. Last wc 3 days ago.
I have set up my QT tank and am waiting for the temp to go to 85ish before I move her. I have matched the ph to that of the 91g Red Sea she is in.
I am not sure what to do once I move her. All Cure? Paraguard? Epson salts? No s/s of SBD though and no wounds.

Attachments

• 20180728_204336.jpg
    20180728_204336.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 299

gerald

5 Year Member
Do you see any abdominal bloating and/or rapid breathing? If so it might be some type of bacterial infection in the kidneys, liver, other organs. Just a guess - not much info here to go on. Also is that white spot below the eye a sore/lump on the fish or just something in the water?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….