• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto biotope

danbb

This is my second tank, started couple of days ago, today I introduced 1 pair of apistogramma cacatuoides orange (I can't find here another apisto, even this one is hard to find). The male has a little scratch, probably a fight with another male, I hope he will be ok.
Tank - 100 L, drift wood (few roots are still not sinking, in few days maybe I can put them in the tank), oak leaves, alder fruits, peat and sphagnum moss (in 2 bags, behind decor)
- plants: pistia stratiotes and duckweed
- Water (50% Ro+50 % tap): NO3=0-10, NO2=0, GH=4-5, Kh=3, PH=6,8, temp=79

PhilipAG

5 Year Member
Well, that looks great, I think the fish love it.
But maybe you could some more leaf litter?

danbb

Thanks. The background is from the store, it costs about 45 $. It's made from fiber glass with resins.

danbb

Thanks.
Some (temporary) changes: less wood, more fish: 3 angelfish, 1 cacatuoides (f), 2 agassizi (1m, 1f).

baby chaos

How do u get such gd pics w ur bow front? I always hav awful reflections that obscure the subjects n if I close the curtains n don't use flash (to avoid reflection) it's too underexposed coz I use low lighting in my tank. Any ideas? One of the moderators asked for photos n my attempts so far hav bn rubbish! Sorry for tx spk but using my cell.

It's always a temptation to expand the community. Hope the new recruits meld well with the existing tank mates :)

danbb

I make my pictures later in the evening with (almost) all others lights off, but I believe you need also a good camera (nothing special).

baby chaos

Tnx for the tip. I was hoping to catch daddy cac swimming through a sun beam in the late afternoon. Their colours are truly at their most vibrant in sunlight, but I don't know how to overcome the reflection factor with the curved glass. Cheers and happy apisto-keeping :)

danbb

Few changes: add some vallisneria americana and hygrophila angustifolia. Remove the agassizi pair and replace it with one macmasteri "red neck" pair and 8 nannostomus marginatus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….