• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ap. Trifasciata undernourished

sorriva99

I have until a week 3 ap trifasciata (1m+2f) which were poorly maintained, the male is around 4cm e the 2 feamle little more than 3cm and all 3 is too thin, the problem is that they have 1,5 yars.....what I can do to recover their?
I feed they with:
granules (sv1 Elos)
whith frozen chironomus, frozen brine shrimp
and live chironomus
ph: 6,5
kh: 5
gh: 6
NO2: 0

Do you need more information?

thx all for all

gerald

5 Year Member
Live mosquito larvae are probably the best food for recovering sick or starved Apistos. Collect them from rain barrels, plant pots, bird baths, etc. You can "gut-load" the larvae for a day with good-quality fish food before feeding them to the fish. I agree with Mike the fish might also have disease problems, other than starvation, causing them to look thin.

sorriva99

Ok, more chironomus, what means gut-load ? XD
I think that they haven't got diseases, the excrement is normal..
After i post also some photos of the tanks and apistos to let you see theyr condition!!

sorriva99

This is the male:
uploadfromtaptalk1411760183410.jpg
And this is one of the two female:
uploadfromtaptalk1411760243090.jpg

Tha tank:
uploadfromtaptalk1411760311201.jpg

What do you think about?

gerald

5 Year Member
"Gut-load" means feeding nutritious food to the live food animals before using them as food for your fish (or reptiles, etc). That's especially useful for getting plant-made vitamins into animals that wont eat plants directly. You can feed vegetables to insects, worms, or crustaceans, then feed the gut-loaded invertebrtaes to your pets. Your Apistos dont look too bad - I think they should gain weight quickly with frequent feeding.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….