• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anyone know what type this fish is?

Cal

Full story is im introductions. She was sold as an apistogramma cacatuoide diuble red, I'm not convinced!
20220408_212033_resized.jpg

Cal

Oh blimey! That's not good news! But thanks. Is he likely to fight with my male double red? Do I need to get him out? Could he live in a smaller community tank with a male beta?

Male double red photo just for confirmation
20220408_192744(0).jpg

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member
Oh blimey! That's not good news! But thanks. Is he likely to fight with my male double red? Do I need to get him out? Could he live in a smaller community tank with a male beta?
If the tank is big enough, males of different species can live together without issues (as long as you don't introduce females). But all specimens are different, so closely watch whether there is aggression between them. If it's too much, put one of them into a different tank. I never kept Beta, so I can't answer that question.

Reactions: Cal

Cal

If the tank is big enough, males of different species can live together without issues (as long as you don't introduce females). But all specimens are different, so closely watch whether there is aggression between them. If it's too much, put one of them into a different tank. I never kept Beta, so I can't answer that question.
Thanks so much, unfortunately we already have a female in as they were sold as a two female and one male group!

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member
Depending on the size of your tank, you will likely have to put this male into a different tank at the latest when the cacatuoides start breeding. Closely watch what is going on and act accordingly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….