• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Allpahuayo males or pair?

arifhb

650E2991-37C3-4EB9-A270-75C647FEABA8.jpeg

merhaba arkadaşlar iki yıldır apisto besliyorum, ama forumda yeniyim. Burada olmaktan mutluyum. Birkaç allpahuayo aldım, ama her iki balığın da erkek olduğundan şüpheleniyorum. ne düşünüyorsun?

F387B657-E91E-40B1-B5F3-C35F6B8017D1.jpeg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
View attachment 9119
merhaba arkadaşlar iki yıldır apisto besliyorum, ama forumda yeniyim. Burada olmaktan mutluyum. Birkaç allpahuayo aldım, ama her iki balığın da erkek olduğundan şüpheleniyorum. ne düşünüyorsun?

[English translation] hi friends i have been keeping apistos for two years, but i am new in the forum. I'm happy being here. I bought a few allpahuayo, but I suspect that both fish are males. what do you think?

Yes, both fish are males. You will get more responses if you write in English (Google Translate is your friend).
Evet, her iki balık da erkektir. İngilizce yazarsanız daha fazla yanıt alırsınız (Google Çeviri arkadaşınızdır).

arifhb

I wrote in English, but I think Google Chrome translated it into my language. thanks Mike!

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
He is a submissive male. If kept by himself or onlty with a female, I am sure he would spread his fins. Females have short dorsal, anal and ventral fin tips. Females with a pattern in the caudal almost always show orange blotches on the ventral fins. Some females with no caudal pattern show only a wide black front edge on the ventral fins.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….