• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

All male tank

MonteSS

I have a trifasc trio in a 24" 26g and 5 Borelli growing out in a 10g.

I have a free 36" 46g and was thinking of putting a few different male Apistos in it. I know this is frowned upon here but can it work in a smallish tank like that? Will they just fight or can they coexist?

Was looking for Baenshe, Bitaeniata, and agissizi.

Or would I be better off with two pairs and make two territories?

Thanks....Bill

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Nothing wrong with keeping only males together. They tend to display to each other but don't really do any harm. Females, on the other hand ... . Just make sure they are similar in size (mass) and aggressiveness - and that the tank is properly decorated to provide adequate territories. You shouldn't have problems with agassizii & bitaeniata together. Baenschi tend to be a bit rougher, but worth a try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….