• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

aggressive male cockatoo apistogramma at feeding time

Gabs apistos

Hello everyone, last Friday I bought a beautiful cockatoo apisto male, he was very calm and very curious but today during the feeding he started to amaze and try to bite the otocinclus and my BN Pleco (which retaliated by scaring the apisto) I only have these 3 species and I plan to put cardinal tetras this week, I realize that the attacks happen at night while feeding the BN pleco with tablets, is there any risk here? to something I can do? the aqua is 75 liters or 20 gallons

MacZ

A single Apisto is usually only aggressive when it comes to food, fish that don't get it will be chased a bit, mostly really just a mock attack. The fact that BN plecos a. grow bigger than Apistos (and too big for a tank your size, btw) and are b. nocturnal can result in stressed fish, as the Apisto is diurnal.

Also I hope your Otos are well fed, they tend to starve easily in too small tanks.

Gabs apistos

Um único Apisto geralmente só é agressivo quando se trata de comida, os peixes que não entenderem serão perseguidos um pouco, na verdade apenas um ataque simulado. O fato de que BN plecos a. crescem maiores que Apistos (e muito grandes para um tanque do seu tamanho, aliás) e são b. noturno pode resultar em peixes estressados, pois o Apisto é diurno.

Também espero que seus Otos estejam bem alimentados, eles tendem a morrer de fome facilmente em tanques muito pequenos.
Obrigado pela resposta !!! os otos têm comido muito, estão até um pouco gordinhos, o pleco é muito calmo, ele e o apisto dividem um esconderijo mas durante a noite o pleco e os otos ficam mais agitados por causa da comida que eu acho que faz o apisto nervoso, vou tentar colocar a comida mais cedo e espalhar mais pelo tanque

MacZ

Could you please write in English? I don't speak Portugese and only a little Spanish and I don't trust translation tools, so I'm not sure if my post was translated correctly.

Gabs apistos

Você poderia escrever em inglês? Eu não falo português e apenas um pouco de espanhol e não confio nas ferramentas de tradução, então não tenho certeza se minha postagem foi traduzida corretamente.
oh sorry , i will my translator have failed lol

Gabs apistos

Obrigado pela resposta !!! os otos têm comido muito, estão até um pouco gordinhos, o pleco é muito calmo, ele e o apisto dividem um esconderijo mas durante a noite o pleco e os otos ficam mais agitados por causa da comida que eu acho que faz o apisto nervoso, vou tentar colocar a comida mais cedo e espalhar mais pelo tanque
Thanks for the answer !!! the otos have been eating a lot, they are even a little chubby, the pleco is very calm, he and the apisto share a hiding place but during the night the pleco and the otos get more agitated because of the food which I think makes the apisto nervous, I'll try to put the food in earlier and spread more around the tank

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….