• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. trifasciata "Guapore"

D

donjascomb

:?: Hello everyone. This is my first posting on the forum. I have had a breeding colony of A. trifasciata "guapore" for almost 5 years now. I bought the original pair from Julio Melgar (some of you may know him).

Now my problem & question ... I suddenly now have 6 very lonely females with no male to play with due to the recent deaths of my last 2 males. Is there anyone out there with a male or two for sale or who would like to trade for a femail or two? I would prefer that the males be from the "Guapore" population but if not available from anyone, I would like any population.

Thank you very much. And Neil, great from & web site! Hopefully soon, I will post some beautiful pictures of my "orange flash" cacatoides (I bought the original pair from you about 2 years ago) :!:

Neil

donjascomb,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Is there anyone out there with a male or two

Hi Don! Usually you can find these around. I don't know where specifically right now, but I will keep my eyes open. I don't have any for sale right now, but might in a month or 2.

And Neil, great from & web site! Hopefully soon, I will post some beautiful pictures of my "orange flash" cacatoides (I bought the original pair from you about 2 years ago)

Thanks! I would love to see your pics. Good luck in your searching.

Neil

D

donjascomb

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the information. I haven't found any A. trifasciata yet but will continue searching. And, thanks for keeping an "eye" out for me if you run across any.

I got a digital camera for Christmas & I am learning how best to use it. Shortly, I hope to post a couple of pictures of the "Orange Flash" Cacs. My most beautiful male & female just showed off their new family to me yesterday morning before going to work (I think there must be about 50 fry) & both have been excellent parents so far!

Best wishes to you & everyone on the forum! :D

Rolo

5 Year Member
apistodave said:
I have lots of the trifas!

Hi David,

are you planning a holiday in germany next time? *g*
I got these Guaporé Trifasciatas a few years ago, but unfortunately they died after a few weeks... and never saw them again here. It's a beautiful species, I like them more than the "normal" trifasiciata I have at the moment.

greetings,
Rolo

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
My trips to Germany are the furthest thing from a holiday-I usually spend at least one day cleaning Uwes tanks in the Uni., so that they are ready to put fish in. As for coming over this year I sure am but I am just not sure when, I now go to Gutersloh where Uwe lives. Of course we travel around a lot!
As for your trifas you have me a little confused, I have heard of and seen the Guapore" CF but itdidnt look all that special to me, yuou are not speaking of the Mamore" CF are you? Do you have a pic. The fish that I have are as nice as the Guapore" Cf that I saw.

Rolo

5 Year Member
apistodave said:
My trips to Germany are the furthest thing from a holiday-I usually spend at least one day cleaning Uwes tanks in the Uni., so that they are ready to put fish in. As for coming over this year I sure am but I am just not sure when, I now go to Gutersloh where Uwe lives. Of course we travel around a lot!

You could try to be here at 11. - 13. June... then there is AKZ meeting in Markersbach ;-)

apistodave said:
As for your trifas you have me a little confused, I have heard of and seen the Guapore" CF but itdidnt look all that special to me, yuou are not speaking of the Mamore" CF are you? Do you have a pic. The fish that I have are as nice as the Guapore" Cf that I saw.

Not very good, but I have a pic. ... A. sp. "Mamoré" I also had before, I don't meant them ;-)
ap_trifasciata_guapore.jpg

I like that violet and blue coloration of the Guaporé form ... but of course it's purely a matter of taste ;-)

greetings,
Rolo

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
Rolo this is a very nice fish!! I do think that mine compare you see the slight brown tinge above the lateral line and behind the head> and elsewhere--mine do not have that.Rolo do you know Frank Willem? There is a meeting of some kind of Dwarf Cichlid society near his place. Staeck, Romer,Warzel and others go there, I have been to this meeting.

Rolo

5 Year Member
apistodave said:
Rolo do you know Frank Willem? There is a meeting of some kind of Dwarf Cichlid society near his place. Staeck, Romer,Warzel and others go there, I have been to this meeting.
Yes, I know Frank Wilhelm... from him I got these trifasciatas ;-)
Could you tell me more about that meeting? (Where, when, what? ..could be via Mail?) Maybe it is the AKZ meeting in Markersbach, because that's also in Thüringen, where the Wilhelms live. Not as close to the Wilhelms as last year (Dittrichshütte), but nearer to Uwe Müller this year.

greetings,
Rolo

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
By the way Rollo your English is fine. I have some pics of this meeting it is at a Gasthaus overlooking a lake. If you give me your E-mail address I will send them. Mine is [email protected]. My trifas came from Frank also :lol: I am asking Uwe about the meeting details

Rolo

5 Year Member
Hi David,

apistodave said:
By the way Rollo your English is fine.
You're kidding, right? :D ... no reason to be sarcastic ;-)

apistodave said:
I have some pics of this meeting it is at a Gasthaus overlooking a lake. If you give me your E-mail address I will send them. Mine is [email protected]. My trifas came from Frank also :lol: I am asking Uwe about the meeting details
My eMail is [email protected].
I could also ask Volker, if he knows anything. I guess he will be there too, but I need at least the Date of that meeting to ask him.

Would be nice to meet there ... and to discuss the A. juruensis theme :twisted: :D

greetings,
Rolo

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
Only heavy hitters go there Rolloâ€â€I have pics but they are all on slides and I cant scan them!!!!!!!!! You may kill your dictionary you don’t need it!!!!!!:) I think we will meet once I get over there at the very least I could give you Uwes address how far are you from Bielefeld? Here are two pics of the meeting place the meeting takes place in April. Rollo that E-mail comes back as undeliverable every time!

Rolo

5 Year Member
apistodave said:
You may kill your dictionary you don’t need it!!!!!!:)

Uh... maybe I don't need to kill it, but I need it! *g*

apistodave said:
I think we will meet once I get over there at the very least I could give you Uwes address how far are you from Bielefeld?
It's just about 230km away (much closer than Frank *g*)

apistodave said:
Here are two pics of the meeting place the meeting takes place in April. Rollo that E-mail comes back as undeliverable every time!
Hmm? Well, in the link above the dot is included... or did you type "Rollo..." ... that's one "l" too much ;-)
Try again [email protected]

greetings,
Rolo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….