• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A new look for Apistogramma.com!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
I'm very excited to announce a new look for Apistogramma.com! I've been working very hard on building a new site for us, giving the forum a facelift and preparing our forum to be 100% mobile-friendly!
Most everything remains as it was, but you will notice that the colors and layout of the forum are a bit cleaner than they previously were. I welcome any of your constructive criticism and feedback, as always, so that we can all make Apistogramma.com the best possible place for bearded dragon owners to congregate online!
If you prefer the old, darker theme click on "Apistogramma" above the "About Us" section below and choose "Old Apistogramma Theme" from the pop-up.
Thanks for your support and thanks for making this forum the great place that it is!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
I'm sorry you feel that way. What is it specifically you don't like? Did you prefer the darker colors? What can I do to make things a bit more palatable?

dwarfpike

5 Year Member
You can also click on your screen name, then preferences and switch it back to the older style ... which I did, just because it's easier for me to read the light words on the darker background, not due to any other changes which actually weren't bad.

Ekona

5 Year Member
The new look is clean and modern - that's the nice thing about these forum boards is the themes can be changed. Nice work Josh!
Having said that, I actually prefer the darker colors - why! - because as this forum has lots of photos, it is much easier on the eye to look at photos with a dark background than a white background. Look at most graphics software interfaces and you'll see they have tones similar to the old style of this forum. So i'll be using the old form, but what is nice is having the option between two (or more) themes.

Tom C

5 Year Member
- It was possible for a new version to do something about the fact that two out of three fishes in the logo showed man-made color enhanced varieties.
The new version has only one fish in the logo, but this also seems to be a man-made color enhanced variant!
A completely natural (wild) form would have been great ... :)

- I would have liked to have the possibility to edit my posts longer than now

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Thanks for the feedback @Ekona and @Tom C!
Unfortunately, it's rather difficult to find isolated images of Apistos that are available for use.
I'd gladly change the header image if someone has some great shots they have isolated or can easily be isolated from the background!

ADC Nederland

I like the new look. Many forums in the past had darker colors but this was way back when facebook and twitter didn't excist and forums were the only place to go... Nowadays a clean layout is much better in my opinion. The less flashy stuff the better.

The white is the layout is just shocking to a lot of people who haven't seen day light in a few days :) Hahahaha !

Tom C

5 Year Member
...I'd gladly change the header image if someone has some great shots they have isolated or can easily be isolated from the background!

Something like this? (I just had to try, to see if it's possible)
6635.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Exactly like that. Can you send me the image of the fish and I will incorporate it into our header?

Tom C

5 Year Member
This picture of Apistogramma sp. "Putzer" was just an example, I'm sure there are better pics out there among the members that could be used...
But of course I'll send you a *.png file. I'll need an email address then.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Would anyone else like to submit a photo that would potentially be used in our header image? Maybe I could put the best few on random rotation.

Ekona

5 Year Member
Would anyone else like to submit a photo that would potentially be used in our header image? Maybe I could put the best few on random rotation.
I could send some.

PM me on where to send them.
Thanks.

georgedv

5 Year Member
Wow....I like this.....white background is a little bright....but I love the new colors you chose for the site and ease of many features...I have not checked everything out yet....by the way are there still limits for posting photos and video....if so where are the rules...great work keep it up

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
I could send some.

PM me on where to send them.
Thanks.

Send them to [email protected], please!

Wow....I like this.....white background is a little bright....but I love the new colors you chose for the site and ease of many features...I have not checked everything out yet....by the way are there still limits for posting photos and video....if so where are the rules...great work keep it up

Thanks! Limits should be fairly high and I believe media gallery is set to no limits. If you run into something let me know and I can fix it.

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I like our new Apistogramma bitaeniata (Rio Tigre) header image. Very nice.

cheers Darrel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….