• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. juruensis?

KenL

5 Year Member
They don't look like either species to me. I don't know what they are though.

fishgeek

not sure i can see well enough , though they could be steel blue's

but then are steelblue catei complex?

are they yours?
my young when stressed get quite moulted dark colourings
and have a dark splodge on the nose

andrew

Greg PL

5 Year Member
one of our Polish forum members bought them. the head shape of steel blue is somewhat different AFAIR. and they do not show this steel blue colouration (assuming the photo is good enough).

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Hard to say. They definitely are not A. juruensis. I agree with you. They are a regani-group species, possibly A. sp. Wangenflecken/Cheek-spots (base on arched vertical bars).

Rolo

5 Year Member
Mike Wise said:
Hard to say. They definitely are not A. juruensis. I agree with you. They are a regani-group species, possibly A. sp. Wangenflecken/Cheek-spots (base on arched vertical bars).

I have no idea yet, what this is, but they are no "Wangenfleck".
I've never seen Wangenflecks with such a wide lateral band. The lateral band of them is extremly thin.

regards,
Rolo

Greg PL

5 Year Member
there are some more photos in the linked thread now. perhaps they will help in identification?
Rolo, I think you're in touch with the lady who has them? :)

KenL

5 Year Member
Are there any pictures of males? Those new pictures look like females to me.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I still cannot be positive, but the fish appear to be members of the resticulosa -complex. The new photos show the narrow zigzag lateral band typical of the complex. My guess still is the same - Wangenflecken/Cheek-spots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJM_Aquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….