• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

a. hongsloi

aspen

5 Year Member
i bought a trio of a. hongsloi on the weekend. anything i should know about them? are they overly agressive? they are in a 10, soon to be moved to a 35 with other fish. breeding conditions?

rick

_BaDgUy_

5 Year Member
I've got a trio in a 15g, and everything is great.
The "couple" that has fry at the moment will usually chase away the other female, but not in an overly aggressive way. No harm is usually done.

Mine are great parents, leading the fry for quite a while.

Water is kept around 25-26C, and light filtration with a corner bubble filter filled with peat. I don't have the paramaters, since I usually don't test these things!!

Hope this helps!

David

grumpy55

5 Year Member
Do either of you have pictures ?
I have eight (8) fish, sold to me as Hongsloi, ... however ... they don't look like any of the pictures of Hongsloi that I have found !

Thanks,
Larry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….