• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. elizabethae?

Eddiekay1010

Hi, another group I believe has been mislabeled, they were supposed to be A. elizabethae but they have a lyrate tail, which I think elizabethae lack. I have Romer's books, but there are a number that look similar and I'm not confident in my ID skills. Could not get a picture of any females, but they're in the tank, it's just densely planted, heres some pictures of the males.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3943.jpg
    IMG_3943.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 211
  • IMG_3957.jpg
    IMG_3957.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 206
  • IMG_3958.jpg
    IMG_3958.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 211

Eddiekay1010

Hi, doing more research, I am seeing some with lyrate tails, most of the photos in my books, they looked more spade shaped, similar to agassizi, I'm more confused now, thinking they could be elizabethae

Eddiekay1010

Thanks so much, do all elizabethae males have that lyre tail and its just that in some photos the caudal isn't fully open or do some localities have the agassizi like spade tail?

Lacyfins

The brook A.Elizabethae comes from has two collection points, one upstream where they have a blue-grey belly and tend to have a spade tail more often. At the mouth of the stream is where the red belly ones are and tend to have the lyrate tail. Note people selling them as "super red" are not breeding a line they simply have the naturally red belly ones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….