• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. elizabethae in poor health

Søren K.

5 Year Member
9037AF9F-4853-4F7A-9D3F-91E43E49098A.jpeg
F769E7D3-A824-4D2C-B013-93CA90D2CEA2.jpeg
Hi there..

I received this pair of wc elizabethae less than too weeks ago, and the male was very skinny and looked unhealthy on arrival. He has an arched posture and he rests on a leaf like a catfish for much of the day. He eats relatively well and gives the female a little attention from time to time. But he is not getting any better in his new environment despite lots of good food and clean water. Ph 5,95 and 53 ppm.

Does anyone have an idea of what it could be an what to do?

I have Sera Nematol for parasites in store, but not much else..

Best regards, Søren

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I received this pair of wc elizabethae less than too weeks ago, and the male was very skinny and looked unhealthy on arrival. ....I have Sera Nematol for parasites in store, but not much else..Best regards, Søren
I'd treat him with what you have straight away.

You don't know what parasites he has, it could be nematodes or protozoa etc., but you have nothing to lose, he is not going to last long the way he is.

cheers Darrel

Søren K.

5 Year Member
Thank you for your reply’s. I have started an anti parasite treatment (had to do something), and if he survives I will try some kind of anti bacterial medication - but I don’t think he will be around for much longer..

Thanks again

/Søren

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….