• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A.Borellii In 10g Community Ideas.

Memeboi

So I have a 10g With 2 A.Borelli (M & F), i've loved the tank due to excessive aggression I have made a divider and installed it, the fish seem to be fine, but I know its not the best setup.
I do have an empty 10g that I could try to set up, but I feel that I should at the very least have some tankmates in there.
So I have a few questions
  1. Which should I put in the new tank, the male or female.
  2. What tank mates are a good fit for either of them.
  3. If I need to make a change in diet for them, currently I feed them spirulina frozen brine shirmp.
  4. How often would I have to do water changes, Currently I actually have a 0 maintenance setup, which is nice for an honors student.

Memeboi

I am considering cpd's but they might not mix well, the male might be simply to aggressive. I am limitied to a 10g for this potential setup so its pretty hard.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Without seeing your 10, my guess is that you find it too small and too open for even a pair of fairly peaceful cichlids like A. borellii. Your first question is are you wanting the pair to breed or just have a community tank. It is very hard to have both in such a small tank. Once you decide that, read what other apisto keepers recommend.

Memeboi

So I do plan to breed my pair in the future, but right now I just want to enjoy them in a regular tank, since the plan is to re-introduce them for breeding, I think I would need to take out the female for this tank now that I think about it, leaving the male in the current tank. since I would use that tank for moina production or as a home for the male after I breed them, I would need to move out the fish that would be in with the female, probably to my 37g with the Colombian tetras and dwarf male gourami (larry is actually very peaceful for a male gourami).so they cant be the most shy fish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….