• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. bitaeniata and friends (not a true biotope tank)

rasmusW

5 Year Member
Hey everyone!

I decided to my two male d47 and got me some wild caught bitaeniatas from Peru, even though a great member of this forum did a lot to try and help get some females for the d47.
Well, though the d47 was beautiful fish, i'm really glad i did the swap. These little buggers looks amazing.
I bought 2 pairs, with the notion that it might cause problems at a later stage. So far it goes okay.

The four bitaeniata's share the tank with 12 Nannostromus marginatus and 5 Crenuchus spilurus.

The tank decor is beech branches, leaf litter, seed pods a few swords and some floaters.

And here's the pics.. -mostly showing the dominant male and small female.

Ps. do anyone dare take a guess on where in Peru, they might have been caught? -based on my own research i'd say either Shushupe or rio Nanay.

-r

Attachments

• IMG_5018_2.jpg
    IMG_5018_2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 681
  • IMG_5020_2.jpg
    IMG_5020_2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 644
  • IMG_5023_2.jpg
    IMG_5023_2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 630
  • IMG_5024_2.jpg
    IMG_5024_2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 638
  • IMG_5032_2.jpg
    IMG_5032_2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 634
  • IMG_4986_2.jpg
    IMG_4986_2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 650

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….