• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

54 l SA Clear Water

locdog

Hello.

This is my second South American biotope tank.

Tank:
54 litres (60x30x30)

Light:
15W 6500K
11W 6500K

Filtration:
Aquael MiniKani 80

Substrate:
Filtus Floran and sand

Fauna:
Apistogramma borelli
Nannostomus marginatus
Corydoras pygmaeus

Flora:
Echinodorus rubin
Echinodorus bleheri
Echinodorus red devil
Vallisneria tortifolia
Vallisneria americana

73915313995708661636.jpg

ha7o.jpg

l8ef.jpg

vy78.jpg

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Nice tank, and 3 of my favourite fish. The borellii pair look in fantastic condition. How do you get on with Vallisneria? It always dies for me in the tanks, although it grows like a weed in our very hard tap water.

cheers Darrel

locdog

Vallisneria grows very slowly and i don't know why.
I've got Vallisneria in the other tank with the same water parameters (soft water) and it grows like a weed.
I think it's because of substrate.
It might grows better in the sand.

And borelli it's a harem, 1+2 ;)

chris1805

5 Year Member
You have a really lovely set up and some lovely borreli's although it may be a bit to many for only that size of a tank. You have tons of hiding spots but 2 males and 3 females if i am correct, ain't that a bit to positive?:p

chris1805

5 Year Member
Any updates on your tank yet?:) I used some valis and the sageteria plants as well to make a nice tank for my dicrossus maculatus, i hope you don't mind that i used your tank as some inspiration :)

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I used some valis and the sageteria plants as well to make a nice tank for my dicrossus maculatus,
I'm interested in how the Vallisneria gets on, it grows well in our hard tap water, but it always dwindles away in the tanks which have rain water in them at ~3dKH.

cheers Darrel

chris1805

5 Year Member
My valisineria grows actually great in my other tank which has a kh of 2-3 as well. it's in there for over a year and it grows like weed in your garden haha. In my newly setup tank it grows as well, not that fast yet though. Could be since that one does not containt a plant substrate only some sand. It does still grow though just not as fast as in the other one

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….