• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

40g Breeder All Male Tank Questions

Ben Rhau

Apisto Club
Agree on Wet Spot and JD Aquatics (Jacob). I've generally had good experiences with Wet Spot. My only caveat with them is that the person handling your order may or may not be an expert on Apistos. They carry a very large catalog of fish, which is in large part why they're so useful. But it's impossible to be an expert on everything.

The other three (Tristan, Jeff, Jacob) definitely specialize in apistos.

Azog

wetspot has some decent stocking and they qt their fishes before selling. jdaquatics has developed a reputation that is positive. tangelupcichild is fantastic but they generally sell larger cichild but sometime has a few dwarves.

Btw i've kept 3 set of cichild in a 40B with success; but it looks like this from the top:
View attachment 12370

Basically wall to wall plants from front to back with about 6 different pieces of driftwood ranging from 3 inches wide to around 14 inches wide; not that you can see any of it from top or side or front.
Epic tank and thanks for the info!

Azog

Agree on Wet Spot and JD Aquatics (Jacob). I've generally had good experiences with Wet Spot. My only caveat with them is that the person handling your order may or may not be an expert on Apistos. They carry a very large catalog of fish, which is in large part why they're so useful. But it's impossible to be an expert on everything.

The other three (Tristan, Jeff, Jacob) definitely specialize in apistos.
The search continues! Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….