• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pre-Sales List from Below Water (Oliver Lucanus)

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Below Water is Oliver Lucanus' business in Canada (Montreal). Oliver has spent a lot of time and effort developing many export contacts from many of countries in South America and Africa, and he manages to bring some of the rarest fish from those countries.... to Canada. Oliver and I are going to try to offer those fish to hobbyists in the USA. I am organizing the first pre-sales import to arrive in Chicago on January 8, 2015. If you are interested in joining in on the order, the link below will download a spreadsheet order form. The instructions for placing an order are at the top of the spread sheet. If you have any difficulties, please send me an email ([email protected]) or contact me through this website.

Jan8_PreOrder

Here are the basics:

• Orders are due to me by January 2
  • If we have enough participants to place the order, I will send you a PayPal invoice with the total including shipping from me to you. That invoice will need to be paid by January 4 in order to place the order.
  • Fish will arrive in Chicago on January 8 (a Thursday) at 9:00 AM. I will drive down to get the order (clear inspection, customs, etc...) and then repackage the fish (rebag/reox.... water change if necessary) and ship them out to you via FedEx Priority Overnight the same day.... you will receive the fish on Friday, January 9.
  • Prices reflect Oliver's retail plus a service fee to cover the overhead of the order. Prices are FOB Chicago... shipping to you from me is extra. Most boxes will be in the $50 -$70 range to get to you. If you need a shipping quote before I send you an invoice, please ask.

Ekona

5 Year Member
Good to hear you are continuing to work with Oliver to bring in really cool species.

FYI, Oliver is of the opinion that the A. cf. cacatuoides from the Rio Acre that he has in stock is the same as the one collected by Tom C. as shown in his Apisto News articles (http://apisto.sites.no/page.aspx?pageid=53). Scroll down a few to find it. Looks like a possible new species? - metallic green body with purple in some fins. Also, when was the last importation of wild N. transvestitus and P. subocellatus? Great opportunity to get fresh stocks in.

Happy New Year!

Ekona

5 Year Member
I believe that the Pel. subocellatus and N. transvestitus arrived last week.
Yes, thanks. (That was more of a rhetorical question, as in "has it not been quite a while since we've seen wild importations of those two species - up until the ones Oliver just got in"?) Anyone remember when they have seen wilds of those two species (maybe less long ago than I'm thinking?)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….