• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Quick questio re: Feeding adult apistos baby brine shrimp

davidjp1982

Donating Member
Just a quick question and sorry to sound dumb but I would like to do things right. After a lot of reading online I see that most successful apisto keepers are feeding their fish on a diet of either exclusively or predominately baby brine shrimp. I have a bottle hatchery setup and can turn around a good amount of brine shrimp every 24 hours which I want to split between my community tank housing Apisto C. Orange flash pair and corys / neons and also to feed my cory fry in my 10 gallon.

My question is simply this - how much BBS is recommended to feed at one time? I can imagine this is hard to judge as the BBS disperse so quickly in the water but I have read that they can decompose and cause bacterial problems rather quickly if left uneaten?

davidjp1982

Donating Member
Also the eggs that I am using at the moment are pretty poor (budget ebay purchase) and are taking 48 hours to hatch. Is it true that BBS lose their nutritional value after 8 hours? If this is the case am I wasting my time feeding them on the second day before the new batch hatches?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….