• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Breeding Apisto Agassizii TEFE

bigbird

5 Year Member
Morning All,

In my 100lt planted tank, I have 12 neos, 1pleco and 1M Apisto Tefe and 2F Apisto Tefe. Enough logs, caves and hollows for all. As usual I am observing the mating ritual of the Apistos and the Male is now in full colour and the one female is also going golden in colour in response to his courtship. My concern is the other female, she is being chased by the other pair. Should I remove or leave her in the tank ? thanks in advance for your help and advice.Cheers Jan-kurt

jase101

5 Year Member
if she's feeding, i wouldn't necessarily remove her. as long as there's plenty of ways for her to get out/stay out of the sightlines of the dominant fish, she should be fine.

i'm in alexandria in sydney - where do you shop for your apistos?

bigbird

5 Year Member
Thanks for that. She has tons of room to hid and mix . The best LFS I find are Aqua Pets in Bondi Junction and the other is B and C Aquariums. They have great clean stores and a lot of Apistos imported from Europe. I must say the stores are great. Go and have a look and let me know what you think.

cheers:)

tleehm

5 Year Member
bigbird is right - Aquapets at Bondi Jn and BNC at Matraville is the place to shop for apisto.

Auburn Aquarium might have some in at rare occasions, but normally don't have much to offer.

Another alternative is to ask around for breeders. There are a few around Sydney.

Thomas.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….