• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

S.A. dwarf chiclids in lido 200

emielrol

I'm wondering if I can keep apistos and angelfish in a lido 200 - 200"ish" liters or 55 gal. Tank dimensions are 71cm tall, 51 cm width and 65 cm high.
love to hear your opinion, else will only go for ditherfish with the apistos.

Ps: all of this will be done in a proper planted tank though. Had something like added picture in mind, not sure about the black water yet. even though I'm probably gonna do it .

Attachments

• IMG_20211020_204227.jpg
    IMG_20211020_204227.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 140

MacZ

Although the footprint (70x50cm) is not ideal but possible with Apistogramma, the tank is definitely too small for longterm keeping of angelfish. You can house some juveniles for maybe some months, so unless you HAVE a bigger tank for them to go in when grown out a bit, don't keep angels.

Due to the rather almost quadratic seeming footprint you will have to take special care when structuring with driftwood, rocks and roots. A rectangular footprint would be easier to manage when adding sight barriers.

Not all Apistogramma are blackwater fish, but I'll put it this way: If you choose to pick an actual blackwater species, then do it properly and do actual blackwater (requires an RO unit at least).

If you choose a non-blackwater species this is not a necessity.

emielrol

Although the footprint (70x50cm) is not ideal but possible with Apistogramma, the tank is definitely too small for longterm keeping of angelfish. You can house some juveniles for maybe some months, so unless you HAVE a bigger tank for them to go in when grown out a bit, don't keep angels.

Due to the rather almost quadratic seeming footprint you will have to take special care when structuring with driftwood, rocks and roots. A rectangular footprint would be easier to manage when adding sight barriers.

Not all Apistogramma are blackwater fish, but I'll put it this way: If you choose to pick an actual blackwater species, then do it properly and do actual blackwater (requires an RO unit at least).

If you choose a non-blackwater species this is not a necessity.
thanks!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….