• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dr Oto

Michael Knight

Earlier today I noticed one of my Argentinian Cory's had a little fungus at the back of his dorsal fin, I have just been looking at my aquarium and spotted the same Cory amongst the plants and to my surprise there was one of my Otos lying on Cory's tail end, looking closer Oto was eating the fungus off Cory's back, Cory occasionally twitched but let Oto carry on eating the fungus and now Cory is visibly fungus free. Has anyone else seen this happen, I haven't before or read that Otos do this, isn't nature fantastic.

gerald

5 Year Member
No, but Oto's will feast on dead fish, so it's not unreasonable that they'd eat dead tissue from a live fish, if the fish will sit still. Great observation!

Larry Rogers

5 Year Member
Otocinclus diets regularly include various algaes, scavaged dead fish; there appears to be adherance to eating the bacteria and rotted slime from the surface; and various fungi. Some insect larvae and slime molds are also occasionally on the menu.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….