• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Attaching JPG photos

gerald

5 Year Member
I've tried several times (on different days) to send a post with attached photos in the Let's Talk Dicrossus thread. The "attachment manager" says it's supposed to take JPGs up to 97K, but when I try to attach a 40 KB file (from my computer) I get a message: "exceeds your quota by 30KB." I do not have any photos posted anywhere in the forum. Any ideas what's wrong?

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
I would suggest instead to use an online photo hosting site, such as photobucket, to link your images to the post.

photobucket01.jpg

Use the [img ] and [/img] tags. I hope this helps. I don't use any site's photo uploader...just photobucket.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Please do not upload photos directly to the forum. That increases the site's resource uses. As it is, we are nip and tuck each month with our usage limit. The difference in hosting package is a out $100/year now, verses $600/month to go up to the next level. We cannot afford that.

I am hoping that the vBulletin upgrade will solve some of the problems we are having with the host, but I have tried to hire three people to do the upgrade for me (I failed miserably at trying to do it myself), and so far none have followed through.

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
Ted, did you talk to Troy Veltrop yet? He's a computer/website guy who has worked with fishforums and retailers before. He visits this forum occasionally, but I can't remember his alias.

Janos

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….