• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sex

mummymonkey

5 Year Member
Hoping this is a female borellii?
borelllii_female.jpg

To go with this nice little male:
borelllii_male.jpg

Adoketa

5 Year Member
Hmm, it does look like a pair to me, but my experience is limited. What characteristics were you looking at, gingerbeer? Care to share your thoughts?

Rod

5 Year Member
IMO
female top
male below

Nice fish!!!!!!!

Put them together....provide a cave and live food....give them 14 days
You wont see the female for a couple of days....when you do she will be bright yellow .......then move the male before she kills him unless it's a big tank>2ft

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
How large is the top fish? If it's under 3/4"/2cm, then it could be a juvenile male or female. If over 1"/2.5cm then all of the features (low, not sail-like, dorsal fin with dark front spines; rounded tips on the dorsal and anal fins, lack of many metallic blue stripes on the face, more prominent vertical bars on a yellow/gray body) point to it being a female.

gingerbeer

5 Year Member
Two bigger experts han me have said female......

I think boy due to lack of defined black particularly on the ventrals and too much blue hue throughout the fish.

One thing for sure - put them together and you will soon findout.

Big G

5 Year Member
I really hope that the Borelli 'Opal' pair I have ordered turn out as stunning as those! Lovely Fish!

Enjoy! And I hope it does turn out to be a female!

Regards
G!

Microman

5 Year Member
I'm working on that. Lost 30 lbs (14 kg) in the past 2 years; want to lose another 20(10).:)
Well done Mike, did the start coincide with your SA trip.... I lost alot last year but have put it back on so i desperately need another month on the Peruvian starvation diet this October.
Mark....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….