• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Viejita and Cacatuoides

yukondog

5 Year Member
I have what was sold to me as a F1 Viejita now that he is grown I would like a identification if can be, I contacted the importer and he said he is the one that got the wild parents, here is the male P1010256.JPG And another one I received as a wild CacatuoidesP1010249.JPGnot from importer but through someone else.

CRD

Frank was correct then

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I'm no expert, but that looks more like allpahuayo than cacatuoides to me
I wondered about that, but A. allpahuayo, as well as the black chin ( ‘Schwarzkinn'), should have a detached black caudal peduncle blotch and red/orange lips.

I get more of these wrong than right, so you may well be right.

cheers Darrel

Josse

It already sounds like you know much more than me. My comment was based on more superficial characteristics than you have mentioned. I'll bow out of this one I think!

Ethan

No thats 100% wild cacatuoides. You can tell by the orange spot on the tail. Allpahoyo and Cacatuoides are in the same family so theyll look similar anyways but that spot shows its cacatuoides

Ethan

I have what was sold to me as a F1 Viejita now that he is grown I would like a identification if can be, I contacted the importer and he said he is the one that got the wild parents, here is the male View attachment 9398 And another one I received as a wild CacatuoidesView attachment 9399not from importer but through someone else.

You bought the Viejita from me. Im really happy to see they are alive and well!

Bowluvr

I have what was sold to me as a F1 Viejita now that he is grown I would like a identification if can be, I contacted the importer and he said he is the one that got the wild parents, here is the male View attachment 9398 And another one I received as a wild CacatuoidesView attachment 9399not from importer but through someone else.
That is true viejita. The red dorsal lappets and spot pattern are correct for viejita. Also, if you got them from Ethan, then definitely the correct fish, as they are offspring from my wild pairs that I sold to him to distribute. Not macmasteri. Collection location I received my wild fish with is "Puerto Gaitan."

yukondog

5 Year Member
They are some of yours, I'm about to send ten of the fry to someone else in Kansas who had some of yours but all died, I need some new blood, do you have any more?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….