• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Buying female apistogramma agassizii double red

Clancey Fritsch

I have a male and female apistogramma agassizii and they don't get along well. My female has tried to spawn twice but my male wants nothing to do with her. And when she isn't spawing he chases her around the tank and snips at her tail. She has some damage. She is a good sport though and she doesn't seem to be affected by it. I just wish for it to stop because I dont want her to go through that. What do you think I should do? Should I get one more female? Two more? I don't want to get rid of them because my local fish store wont take them for nearly the price I bough them for. I have a 29 gallon tank. How much do you think this would cost? Also can I mix apistogramma agassizii species?

mantisfan101

Maybe separate them for a bit and re-introduce them? I heard that these don't pair up and instead the male will try to spawn with multiple females.

Ethan

I have a male and female apistogramma agassizii and they don't get along well. My female has tried to spawn twice but my male wants nothing to do with her. And when she isn't spawing he chases her around the tank and snips at her tail. She has some damage. She is a good sport though and she doesn't seem to be affected by it. I just wish for it to stop because I dont want her to go through that. What do you think I should do? Should I get one more female? Two more? I don't want to get rid of them because my local fish store wont take them for nearly the price I bough them for. I have a 29 gallon tank. How much do you think this would cost? Also can I mix apistogramma agassizii species?
I have a female agassizi double red I can sell you.

Attachments

• FAD50913-F626-4E3D-9D05-B86E783850EF.jpeg
    FAD50913-F626-4E3D-9D05-B86E783850EF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 351

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonaldStype

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….