• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Your thoughts on the validity of some of these

Noddy65

5 Year Member
Hi everyone...with apisots being in such short supply in Aus I was pleased to see this on another forum, however some I have never heard of and am wondering if they could be 'rebadged' existing common species.

"The following types of New wild caught Apistogrammas are available for sale from 1 st of October
apistogramma atahualpa
apistogramma marine
apistogramma galaxis
apistogramma shushupe
apistogramma napoensis
apistogramma papagayo

We can ship interstate if the order is resonable.

Thanks"

What do you people think?
Mike

Apistt_ed

Noddy65 said:
Hi everyone...with apisots being in such short supply in Aus I was pleased to see this on another forum, however some I have never heard of and am wondering if they could be 'rebadged' existing common species.

"The following types of New wild caught Apistogrammas are available for sale from 1 st of October
apistogramma atahualpa
apistogramma marine
apistogramma galaxis
apistogramma shushupe
apistogramma napoensis
apistogramma papagayo

We can ship interstate if the order is resonable.

Thanks"

What do you people think?
Mike
If I'm not mistaken, you're asking for the "a.k.a" names of the one's above?

if so, thenI can help with some of the names...

A. atahualpa and accompanying info can be found at:

http://www.apistogramma.com/cms/Api...pistogramma_atahualpa/A._atahualpa_Llanchama/

A. galaxis and papagayo are as far as I know the same fish... :

http://www.apistogramma.com/cms/Apistogramma_Undescribed_Taxa/A._sp._Papagei/A._sp._Papagei/

A. shushupe should just be a from of A. bitaeniata.

The other two I've never heard of.... hope this helps. john

Noddy65

5 Year Member
Thanks John
It was very helpful...the next thing I need to know is the price...Im sure theyre going to be exorbitant and out of my reach...Apistos in Aus are VERY expensive.

Mike

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I hope these are being shipped by a government accredited importer or already in Australia. Australia is very restrictive about what and who can import livestock into your country.

Apistt_ed

Here in the states, all the fish mentioned will run about $15-$30 US per pair. I know there are some places that do charge more, but that would be the reasonable price to pay here. Any more and they'd have to be quality or hand selected fish.

The real question shouldn't be price but more how much you're willing to pay for a fish you don't have. I'd pay in upwards of $300 for the jaw-dropping quality of fish blueblue and some of the other members of this forum get also if they were available here in the states. john

Noddy65

5 Year Member
Hi Mike
Weve had a real flush of new apistos in over the last year or so...all coming in through official channels I believe.

You guys would be amazed at the prices being asked.

A. elizabethae for around $300 (and only ok quality from what I hear)
Inkas for around $100 a pair
A. aggassizi tefe for $150 pair
Just some examples

All in good Aus dollars of course...

Ive emailed the supplier re prices but so far havent heard back...

I live in the far west so you can add an extra $100 for air freight on top.

Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….